How can you save money on swimming pool operating costs? Did you know that variable speed pool pumps save you money? The swimming pool contractors from Express Pool Care in Phoenix, Arizona understand that investing in a variable speed pool pump — upgrading from a single speed pump — is one of the best ways to save money on pool operating costs.
When you’re in the midst of a swimming pool renovation project, look to making an investment in a variable speed pool pump as part of the project — it will pay for itself in the long run. You don’t have to break the bank to keep your pool operational and the water clean. Money-saving measures abound, especially as technologies continue to evolve for pool equipment.
Variable speed pool pumps save you money
When putting together your budget for a pool construction project or a pool renovation project: Install variable speed pump should be at the top of the list. These pumps operate effectively and efficiently and keep the water well- circulated and save you money.
Here are reasons to invest in a variable speed swimming pool pump:
- These pumps don’t always run at full speed (like single speed pumps do) all the time. Variable speed pumps run faster when they need to and fun on a lower speed when they are simply circulating the water.
- A variable speed pump uses only enough energy to get the job done. Where a single speed pump uses the same amount of energy regardless of the task, a variable speed pump uses the energy required for the task whether it’s vacuuming and less energy when circulating the water.
- Because these pumps are quiet, they are ideal for nighttime use when the drain on the power grid is at its lowest and the utilities cost less.
- A variable speed pump reduces energy consumption by up to 90% compared to using a single speed pump.
- Match the size of the pump the size of the pool. You don’t need to have the largest model on the market, you only need the size that is correct for your pool size and shape.
Saving money on pool operating costs is something we work with our customers to incorporate into your pool budget. When you upgrade to a variable speed you will see a return on your investment in no time!