Swimming pool owners in Arizona may not have to close their pool for the season but there are fall to-do lists for pool owners, no matter where you live. If you’re going to keep your pool open year-round you will want to talk with your swimming pool service contractor from Express Pool Care in Goodyear, AZ about cleaning and maintenance for the season. If you’ve decided to close the pool, give us a call and get on our pool closing schedule.
Fall to-do lists for pool owners
Autumn is the time of year, especially in Arizona, when we hope to see only double digit temperatures and have daytime highs when we can step foot out the door and fell like we aren’t going to melt in the heat! In addition to caring for your swimming pool, here are some tips for home owners to get the house ready for autumn and winter in Arizona.
- Check the roof. Make sure there is no debris that’s been blown onto it and has been hanging around since the last monsoon. Check for any dirt, debris or shingles that need to be replaced.
- Pave the driveway and sidewalk if they’re in need. It’s best to do this kind of work in the cooler monthsl.
- Mulch your plants and around the swimming pool landscaping.
- If you’re closing the pool, clean and pack up your outdoor furniture and cushions and other items for the season.
- Take time to prune and trim back any overhanging branches from around the pool to keep falling leaves and debris from dropping into the water.
- Check the windows and doors and make sure the caulk is still good and that there are no holes in the screens.
- Have the furnace inspected before the cooler days settle in. Clean air conditioner and furnace filters.
This is the ideal time to clean up and get ready for winter — such as it is — in Arizona. Call us if you need any help with your swimming pool to-do list.