Express Poolcare service professionals explain what you need to know before hiring a Phoenix, AZ pool contractor
If you’re a new swimming pool owner you may be wondering, “what exactly does a pool service contractor do?” It’s a valid question and one that the swimming pool service contractors from Express Poolcare in Avondale, Arizona get asked frequently. Swimming pool service is something that a do it yourselfer can certainly perform, but many pool owners prefer to leave the work of pool maintenance to the professionals so they can spend their free time swimming, not cleaning.
What will a pool service contractor do? Here are a few things:
- They will test the water chemistry
- Inspect the pool equipment
- Check for leaks
- Skim the water surface
- Scrub the walls and floor and vacuum the pool
- Clean the filter and skimmer basket
- and more…
What does it cost to hire a pool service contractor? This is a tricky question because it depends on where you live, how big your pool is, how often you use it, how often you have a service professional come out and what he does during his visits. As a ballpark estimate you may spend a little over $100 a month up to $300 per month, depending on what your pool contractor does and how often he visits to clean.
What should you think about or do before hiring a pool service contractor? Here are a few:
- Select a pool contractor who meets your needs and your budget.
- Ask for references from current and past owners
- Interview a prospective pool service pro before you hire him
- Don’t sign up on the spot with a pool contractor who comes knocking on your door
- Ask for a detailed list of what he will do when he visits, what it costs, and how often he will come
- Ask what he charges for pool opening and closing
- Ask whether it is less expensive to pay for an annual contractor or by the month
Bottom line, it’s important to find a pool contractor that you feel comfortable with and that you know is doing a great job for a fair price.