Express Pool Care, serving Phoenix, Avondale, Laveen & Goodyear, AZ explain pool service
You’re watching the weather and you just know that triple digit temperatures are just around the corner, if you own a swimming pool, you know that it the ideal escape from the heat and a fun place to spend time with family. Owning a swimming pool, though means that you will either need to undertake the maintenance and upkeep on your own or hire a swimming pool service contractor from Avondale, Arizona to do it for you.
If you’re a first time pool owner or if this is the year you have decided to turn the upkeep and maintenance over to a pool contractor you may be wondering what you should be looking for. There are a number of items and here are a few:
- You will want to know exactly what he or she will do when paying a service visit. Will he do the work himself or subcontract it?
- Shop around and see how much it will cost you to purchase (and have to store) the chemicals and see if it might be a savings to hire a pool service pro.
- Gather at least three estimates and make sure you’re comparing apples to apples when it comes to the regular service and maintenance steps that will be addressed during each visit.
- How often will he or she come to clean the pool?
- Is it less expensive to sign a summer long contract than to pay a per visit fee? In most cases it is.
- Will he be available to open and close the pool at the beginning and end of each season? What is the cost for this service?
What will it cost?
- The cost for services vary depending on many factors including frequency, area of the country in which you live, the size of your pool, the steps he takes to clean it during his visits.
- How often you use your swimming pool could also lead to the price, and frequency he needs to visit and that will add to the price you pay.
- The material the pool is constructed from could also add to or subtract from the cost of the pool maintenance contract — some pools are simply easier to clean than others.
What to think about before signing on the bottom line:
- What kind of references does the contractor have?
- What kind of experience does he have?
- How hard was it for you to reach him?
- How does his price compare to others?
- How do you feel about having him in your yard performing this service for you? Sometimes instinct is part of the overall decision making process so don’t rule it out.
Choosing a pool service contractor may not take you as long as it did to choose your pool contractor, but it is a task that you should put time and research into.