Express Pool Care, service contractors serving Laveen, Avondale, Phoenix & Goodyear AZ offer hot tub & pool safety tips
Because you don’t want anyone in your family to become a statistic or get injured in your family swimming pool you will want to work with your swimming pool service contractor from Express Pool Care to make sure your pool or hot tub is as safe as it can be. Talk with your pool contractor the next time he comes to service your swimming pool about installing some of the safety features:
- A pool fence. This is a safety item that is required by law in every municipality across the country. The height and style requirements may vary, but you will definitely need to have a fence installed that locks and surrounds your entire hot tub or pool.
- You may want to install floating pool alarms as another layer of safety.
- A safety hot tub cover will also keep children or pets from falling into the water and can be used in conjunction with the safety fence.
- Don’t swim in your pool unless the swimming pool contractor has serviced the water and has made certain the water is free of bacteria.
- Safety items around the pool area. These include life vests, a phone dedicated to pool emergency use only — don’t be on your smart phone while the children are in the swimming pool!
- Someone should know and be able to perform CPR.
- Limit the amount of time anyone spends in the hot tub because the water is hot and can be dehydrating — especially to children.
- Make certain there is a list of pool rules and that everyone knows and understands them. You may even want to print them out, laminate them and display them in the pool area.
- Never should anyone — even adults — swim alone.
- Everyone in the family should know how to swim. Even young children can learn to swim. This doesn’t mean that they are ever left alone in the pool, it is just a way to help keep everyone safe.
If you want to amp up your pool or hot tub safety even more, have your pool service contractor do a bit of a walk through your backyard and your particular swimming pool or hot tub and offer advice on more safety measures you can incorporate.