When the Arizona summer is tipping the temperature scales in the triple digits, chances are you have no desire to get out and take a run or a bike ride, right? The swimming pool service contractors in Avondale, Arizona understand this and that’s why they recommend a swimming pool workout routine — and that’s why they are so busy in the summer… families spend so many hours in the pool to escape the heat!
Not only is your swimming pool a way to cool off on a steamy summer day, but it is a great way to stay in shape while giving your body a break from a land exercise routine. A swimming pool workout provides double duty — getting in shape by using the water’s own natural resistance to enhance the workout while protecting your joints from undue stress and pressure.
Working out in a swimming pool also keeps your body temperature regulated; when the summer temps are at their peak, it’s hard to muster the energy to undertake a workout in the heat. Consider taking a water aerobics class – whether in a group setting or in the comfort of your own backyard – you can get a good workout in 30 minutes.
The swimming pool service contractors from Express Pool Care offer these tips for getting the most from your swimming pool workout:
- You can build muscle strength more quickly. Because of the resistance of the water as compared to working out on land – water aerobics helps your muscles work more effectively than your regular aerobics workout. Many people see results more quickly as the result of a water workout.
- Minimal strain on your joints. When you run, walk or are involved in weight training, they are beneficial for your body and overall health but these exercises are hard on your joints. Because water supports up to 80% of your body weight, you face less of a chance of injuring your joints than an on land workout. Water aerobics are a great way for senior citizens and those recovering from injuries to get healthy.
- Regardless of the weather, a water exercise routine keeps your body temperature regulated. Exercising in a swimming pool keeps your body temperature constant when the weather is hot and/or humid.
- Build heart health and strength in the water. Putting your all into a water aerobics exercise routine greatly helps strengthen your heart.
- Powerhouse calorie burning. When you exercise in the water you can burn between 450-700 calories per hour – it is difficult to burn that many while in an on land workout.
Don’t let your workout routine suffer just because it’s to hot to take a jog, jump into the pool instead!