Express Pool Care service professionals offer money-saving tips for pool service customers
Owning a swimming pool isn’t an inexpensive undertaking, in fact it can be downright expensive to be a swimming pool owners. The swimming pool service contractors form Express Pool Care, serving customers in Laveen and Goodyear, Arizona offer these tips to help you save money on pool service.
- Use a pool cover. These alleviate water lost to evaporation; because of this you will use fewer chemicals. Also, you won’t have to refill the pool as frequently if the water isn’t evaporating as quickly. A pool cover keeps dirt and debris from the pool and the water which could make it much easier to clean and maintain.
- Don’t imagine that because you’re not going to use the pool for a week, that you don’t have to worry about pool maintenance or run the pump or filter. Regardless of whether you use the pool it requires continual care.
- If you have water features such as a slide which may have water jets on it to keep it easy to slide down or a fountain or jets in a hot tub or spa, turn these features off when they’re not being enjoyed.
- Run the pool pump and filter during the night and at off peak electricity hours.
- Use energy efficient equipment. You may balk at the idea of paying for the cost of a new pool equipment, but the money you will save in operating costs over the long run, could be staggering.
- Ask us how many hours a day you need to run the filter.
- If you’re in the midst of a new pool construction project, make certain the pool builder has made allowances for the amount of wind and sun your pool will be subjected to. If you have an existing pool and find the wind patterns are not conducive to money savings, install a fence or windbreak that blocks the breezes as wind blowing across the pool can speed up evaporation and also lower the water temp.
- Consider lowering the temperature by a degree or two and see if it makes a difference in the enjoyment you have in the pool or if it isn’t even noticeable. A degree or two drop can significantly impact your pool heating costs.
Talk to us about other money-saving measures.