Pool care tips for new pool owners from Express Pool Care service contractors
If you’re a new swimming pool owner in Phoenix, Arizona, congratulations! You know you will be spending hours upon hours in your pool to not only beat the Arizona heat, but to have fun with friends and family. The swimming pool service contractors from Express Pool Care offer pool care tips for new pool owners; these are ideal whether you want to care for your pool on your own or if you want to hire a pool service contractor to take on the responsibility for you.
Pool care tips for new pool owners
- When you fill your pool, the water you’re using is not “swimming pool ready water.” The water will need to be treated for alkalinity, calcium hardness, pH balance. The water will need to be treated for naturally occuring metals and minerals.
- Chlorine will be added to the pool to sanitize the water and kill any bacteria. Balancing the chemicals is a delicate act as is keeping them there; that’s why many pool owners work with experienced pool contractors to do the chore for them.
- We get asked all the time, “Can our dog swim with us?” There is really no reason he can’t, but remember he can bring in dirt and debris; you will need to be more diligent in cleaning the skimmer. You will also want to rinse any pool chemicals off your dog once he gets out of the pool.
- You will want to check and clean the pool filter basket and skimmer basket between service visits. Using a pool cover will cut back on the number of times you need to do that.
- Should I invest in a pool cover? As mentioned above, it will keep dirt and debris from the pool water. A pool cover traps warmed water, helps use fewer chemicals, slows the rate of water evaporation. If you have children and pets in the house you may want to invest in a safety cover to act as an additional layer of protection between the water and your child or pet.
When you’re a new swimming pool owner, there is much to learn! Many pool owners, however, find that they spend less money if they leave their pool cleaning and maintenance to a pool service professional. If you’re not certain what you want to do with your pool, give us a call and we can give you an estimate for a cleaning and maintenance package.