Express Pool Care swimming pool service professionals offer tips for National Water Safety Month
Any swimming pool owner and swimming pool service contractor in Arizona will tell you that when you own a swimming pool, every day is water safety day, but May has been designated National Water Safety month. The swimming pool service contractors from Express Pool Care offer these tips to keep everyone safe in and around the swimming pool during the month of May, and year round.
- Make certain your children understand water safety and that they can swim
- Make a decision on if you have a babysitter at the house, whether the pool can be used or if it’s off limits
- When you’re in the pool, have a person designated to watch out for everyone in the water
- Keep the pool fence locked when you’re not in attendance
- Equip the fence with a safety alarm
- Install a phone poolside. If you don’t want to do that, have your phone handy, but don’t be on the phone while the pool is in use — it’s for emergencies only.
- Learn CPR and post the instructions poolside
- Have a first aid kit poolside
- Have lifesaving equipment poolside
- When you leave the pool make certain that all pool toys are removed, they could lure a child to try to reach it.
- Remember that drowning is a “silent” death and in many cases the individual won’t splash or even make a sound
- Never swim alone
- Never leave a child unattended
- Understand the fencing and safety requirements in your area and adhere to them — or exceed them
- Use a pool cover when the pool isn’t being used
If you have questions or concerns on pool safety, ask us the next time we pay a service visit.