Express Pool Care service contractors serving Laveen, Avondale & Goodyear, AZ offer pool tile cleaning tips
We get our clients coming to us frequently asking how to clean swimming pool tiles. This can be a do it yourself project but if you do you need to make certain you’re not “contaminating” your pool water with harsh pool tile chemicals. Owning a swimming pool means more than simply adding and balancing the pool chemicals and vacuuming it. The swimming pool service contractors from Express Pool Care explain that it takes specific steps to keep the pool tiles clean and free of hard water deposits. You will see these hard water deposits, most typically at the water line in the pool.
This is what your pool service contractor will do when he comes to clean your pool’s tiles:
- The pool water will be drained to a foot below the rows of tiles that are encrusted with the hard water or lime deposits.
- A layer of an acidic gel tile cleaner will be applied, one section at a time. The gel will be worked into the tiles and allowed to sit and work for at least 15 minutes to loosen the deposits.
- The deposits will be scoured and deposits that are not easily removed, will be scraped out with a razor blade.
- The gel and its residue will need to be wiped away and your swimming pool pro will take care to not let any of the cleaner drip into the remaining pool water.
- The swimming pool service contractor will inspect the surfaces and will repeat the process until the tiles are clean.
Calcium and lime build up are both a fact of life when it comes to owning a swimming pool. they are also the types of things that sneak up on you — like soap scum in your shower. Working with a swimming pool service contractor will mean that he will help take care of any water lines or dirty tiles before it becomes an issue.