Does your swimming pool have a deck? If not, this may be the year you decide to have one installed. The next time your Laveen, Arizona swimming pool service contractor pays a visit ask him about your options for a swimming pool deck. There are myriad options for construction materials for a deck and the one you choose will likely depend on your budget and the look you are striving for with your outdoor living space.
Here are some options to consider:
- A deck that is make of composite materials are close to wooden decks but are made with a mixture of deck materials including plastic, polymer and wood. These decks resist rotting and are much easier to maintain than a wooden deck. Keep in mind that they are more costly but because of the lack of maintenance that is required, they pay off in the long run.
- Aa poured concrete deck is a popular choice and is one of the most affordable. You can also have a concrete deck molded and designed in many ways. Also, if you choose concrete you can pick from myriad colors in which to have it dyed and it can also be imprinted and it will take on the look of tiles or stones. If you use concrete in cold climates, be advised that it is prone to cracking and heaving (much like the roadways after a winter season)
- Wooden decks are popular, look great and are affordable. You must keep up the maintenance on the wood though; meaning you need to apply sealant, paint or stain to keep the wood healthy.
- As with concrete decks, if you choose a stone deck, you have your choice of colors and styles. Stone can be a more expensive option than others but if you want to have a deck that shows your unique style, stone could be the way to go. Also, if you choose stone decking material, you will give your outdoor living area a more natural feeling – blending in with nature.
- Tiles are great if you want a unique stamp on your deck and outdoor living area. If you decide to use tiles, don’t use those that are glazed as they can get slippery when wet. Tiles are a mid-priced option.
The deck that you choose will elevate the time you spend around your swimming pool and will enhance the aesthetic beauty of the entire area.