Commercial swimming pool managers need pool safety equipment, Express Poolcare service professionals explain
Personal swimming pool owners understand they need to take responsiblity for those in their family who use the pool. When you’re a commercial swimming pool owner your responsibilty is multiplied exponentially! Commercial swimming pool safety tips and hints and advice is something that the pool contractors from Express Pool Care in Phoenix, AZ discuss when they are on site.
Commercial swimming pool owners and managers need to assure the lifeguards are equipped with all of the lifesaving equipment necessary. A commercial swimming pool owner also needs to know whether there are unique rules, regulations and requirements for the commercial pool as it relates to safety equipment — an experienced commercial pool contractor can help you understand additional requirements.
Commercial swimming pool safety tips
Here are pieces of safety equipment for commercial swimming pool owners:
- Easily recognizable lifeguard vest, swim trunks and other items
- The lifeguard(s) needs tobe well-trained in CPR and other lifesaving measures and should undertake continuing education.
- An elevated area so the lifeguard has an unobstructed view of the pool at all times. Depending on the size of the pool, you may need more than one lifeguard stand.
- Rescue and life rings need to be plentiful and easy to reach.
- A life hook to assist a drowning victim.
- First aid kit.
- A poolside telephone used for emergencies only.
- A spineboard in case a swimmer suffers a back or neck injury. A spineboard can transport the swimmer to an emergency medical vehicle.
- Many commercial buildings have onside defibrillators and the lifeguards need to be trained in their use.
Talk with your swimming pool service contractor from Express Poolcare to assure your commercial pool meets all local regulations as they relate to lifesaving equipment onsite. We can inspect your pool safety equipment and let you know whether it is still operational or whether it’s in need of upgrading or updating.