Swimming pool service contractors from Express Pool Care in Arizona offer basic pool cleaning task tips
Once your swimming pool has been installed and the pool contractors have left your home, you need to think about how you will keep your pool water free from bacteria and keep the pool water crystal clear. Any pool service contractor will tell you that if you — or a pool contractor — doesn’t keep up with pool maintenance, cleaning and chemical balancing the water can quickly become bacteria filled.
If you’re the proud owner of a new pool, you will want to talk with an experienced swimming pool contractor from Express Pool Care about the tasks that need to be completed and on what schedule. He will also share with you how to scrub the walls, vacuum the pool, clean the filter, test and balance the chemicals and all of the other tasks that go along with pool ownership.
What tasks will a swimming pool service contractor do for you or explain how to do? Here are a few:
- Water cleanliness is top of the list. Dirty, bacteria filled water can lead to people using your pool having a potential to contract a water borne disease. Dirty water can cause burning eyes and dry, itchy skin.
- The sides, bottom and behind the stairs need to be scrubbed down regularly so that bacteria and algae don’t take hold.
- Disinfection and sanitization are components of pool ownership.
- You will need to run the pool pump to filter the chemicals and push any debris into the filter for removal. Ask your pool contractor how many hours a day your pump needs to be run.
- Water splashed out of the pool typically runs into clean-out gutters and the drainage holes need to be cleaned. This drainage is connected to the filter so all the excess water runs toward it, is cleaned and re-circulated.
- The water chemistry needs to be tested and chemicals added if necessary.
- If you’re going to clean and maintain your own swimming pool you will need to purchase and have a safe place to store the chemicals.
Being diligent in the cleaning and upkeep of your swimming pool will assure the water remains bacteria free and that those who use your pool will not become ill from swimming in it.