Is your family ready for a hot tub or spa to supplement your backyard swimming pool? You’ve been thinking about it for some time now and you’ve talked to your Laveen, Arizona swimming pool service contractor about it, and now you’re ready to really begin discussions about it.
A hot tub/spa can be a beautiful accessory to your backyard or deck, in addition to offering healthy comforts. From traditionally designed wooden barrel shaped hot tubs to fiberglass models, they come in myriad shapes and sizes and seat upwards of 12 people. You can also have a hot tub built into a section of your existing swimming pool.
The swimming pool service contractors from Express Pool Care explain that no matter what kind of hot tub/spa set up you choose, the water in it has to be treated and cared for much the same as a swimming pool; it needs to be circulated, filtered and treated in addition to being heated.
Here are five items you will want to think about when talking with your pool professional:
- Before you go spa shopping come up with an idea on how much you want to spend. It is easy to be swayed to a larger and perhaps not affordable spa package once you hit the show room as the hot tub designs are all so alluring. Just make sure you have a budget in mind and stick to it. Keep in mind, though that you don’t want to skimp on quality because your hot tub is made to be a long-term investment for your family.
- Think about how many people will be using it on a regular basis. Also take into consideration whether it will be for pure relaxation or for health benefits. Will you need handlebars for support while getting in and out of the hot tub? Do you want padded or fiberglass benches?
- Will you use your hot tub/spa as an entertainment hotspot? If so, you might want to consider a television or stereo set up as part of the package.
- The jets on a hot tub can be adjusted to offer deep muscle hydrotherapy or soft tissue massage and that, coupled with the hot water, can offer health benefits beyond simple relaxation.
- What kind of look and feel do you want for your spa? How will it if into the decor of your yard in general or will the spa be the beginning of a design phase for your back yard or deck? Choose colors and styles according to your needs – both current and future.
A hot tub or spa can be a great addition to your backyard and in addition to its therapeutic benefits, it can likely be used year -round – regardless of the climate in which you live. Have fun shopping and enjoy your spa experience!